The Spatial Sciences Center's (SSC) mission is to (1) promote and support basic and applied research incorporating geographic information science, remote sensing, global positioning system, and spatial analysis, (2) support and facilitate undergraduate and graduate courses in spatial sciences offered through departments within the MSU, and (3) promote the application of spatial sciences throughout MSU through outreach to faculty and staff.
- The Earth Sciences Colloquium scheduled a GIS jobs panel for Friday, March 28, 2014 from 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Scott Powell joins the LRES faculty as an Assistant Professor of Environmental Spatial Analysis.
- Diana Cooksey earns the President's Award for Excellence in Service Learning!
- Rick Lawrence, MSU professor and director of the Spatial Sciences Center and consortium is receiving $10 million to investigate turning dead trees into biofuel.
- Professor Rick Lawrence and alum Shannon Savage's geothermal research in Yellowstone National Park is presented at AGU.
- Diana Cooksey, Doug Smith of the Deparment of Civil Engineering, and Engineering Inc. of Bozeman and Billings are implementing a new GPS base station at MSU. Read more...